Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thenthuk Tibetan soup

Warm, enormous, fat cuts of rice noodles and hearty good feeling veggies. A popular added meat in the area was mutton, which was pretty tasty. When I had it in a less westernized, hole in the wall local places, it was just big thick rice noodles and mutton, no veg.
I kept asking them how you make it, and they kept saying, you just throw in whatever you want! So I guess it can be as simple as that!

The Green restaurant, Mcleod Ganj.
Fantastic food!

2 comments:

  1. got here looking for the recipe of thentuk (want to cook that for wife)
    which isn't here, but leaving a comment for the really nice shot of it.

    looks like you have seen (& eaten) a lot in my country :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thank you! they never gave me a recipe! but good luck!

    ReplyDelete