Saturday, August 6, 2011

#1 reason to travel? FOOD!

Hello fellow foodies.

Where to start?
After 6 months of travelling in India, Israel, Petra, Cairo, Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and finally China, I can say that there is no such thing as a palette overdose due to excess amount of scrumptious local flavours from every country.
To be honest, my taste buds are rather sad being back in north America, so, I hope this blog will help all of you, and myself, escape back into the fantastic world of food.

My goal on this trip for every meal was to find the most local, cheapest, jam packed with locals, hole in the wall street stall restaurants, to discover the true flavours of each country. I kept a food diary along my journey to record and remember every bite.
I also took Indian, Tibetan, Indonesian, Cambodian and Chinese cooking classes.

I want to share it all with you.

So it began with India...

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome. The food look very appealing
    Thank for sharing with us your travel experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica this is amazing!! I am so bookmarking this blog! :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete