Monday, August 29, 2011

Free Temple Food

This random priest man (my stalker as some of you know), took me to see this stunning temple in the middle of no where outside of Hyderabad. This is where I ate with my hands for the first time in India, managing to eat up a plate of not solid, but runny, curdy, saucy foods. All ladled from giant buckets onto my mountain of rice.
It was quite the challenge and made a laugh for those sitting next to me.
There were people from all over, coming for a community meeting, which I sat through not understanding a word...

After being blessed when we first arrived at the temple, we were given these bowls made of palm leaves, with lentils and rice, and a sweet ladoo ball. Ladoos are like balls of sugar! Definitely not cooked since you crunch of some sugar and also packed with dry fruits such as apricots and raisins.



No comments:

Post a Comment