Monday, August 29, 2011

Honey and Spice - Pushkar

If you wanted a break from heavy Indian food and feel cleansed on the inside, this was THE place.

It is a vegan, all organic restaurant that advertises everything from acai, to ginseng, quinoa, and pretty much every root / green vegetable that exists on the planet. 

The sign for Honey and Spice caught my eye every day as I walked by, and when I went... I fell in love... breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner.
The muesli even had dried figs! Which in India, already finding oatmeal was hard.

Click on this picture and zoom on the white board.. so funny!


'Fried eggs' which was scrambled tofu, quinoa, beet sprouts, beans and more!


Tofu steak, need I say more?
The side veggies were amazing! Beets, Kale, pumpkin, and more. 


I never thought I'd see "whole wheat" again till I got home, but this place proved me wrong with their breakfast mock cheese and tomato sandwich and stir fry root veggies. All homemade!



No comments:

Post a Comment