Monday, September 26, 2011

You think you know where to find the best peanut sauce? WRONG! This woman on Gili-T island can destroy it!!

I don't even know where to begin... maybe that the plate is a deep fried rice chip / absorbs the leftover scrumptiousness, so you can miss one drop??

This dish is includes the following: Cut up chunks of steamed sticky rice in banana leaf, raw bean sprouts, sweet soya sauce, chili sauce, fried garlic, and...
 the best peanut sauce I have ever tasted in my life.

The lady grinds the sauce by hand and I don't know what's in it, but it was a pale tahini cream color.

Oh yeah, and it cost 1$
I gave a nice tip...

On arrival to the Gilies and endless searching for cheaper guesthouse options in the back alleys, we met these guys who suggested one across this ladies stall.. and clearly I could only focus on what was in their hands...
 6 or 8$ a night, and amazing food across the street... couldn't ask for more!

Where is it?
Up the alley from road from the green cafe (market square area), across Desi Guesthouse, a great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment