Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why I feel bad for celiacs. . .

MMmmmmmmmmmmmm
In front of Jaffa gate, Old city, Jerusalem

And I thought Montreal Bagels were amazing. The bottom left long sesame breads are the best thing that ever happened. My father from Cairo recognized it right away and said they are called "sem-eete" in arabic. Toasted sesame, crisp outside, not too dense uber fresh dough innards....

This is why he extra toasts his bagels every morning.. to get that sesame taste of childhood. 

As for the others, all 3 weeks I had my eye on that yellow date bread... which I finally went for on my last day. 

Looks amazing, but I guess getting it at the end of the day was a bad idea, not so fresh. And theres not as much date filling as their appears...But nice sweet dough and the filling is doughy as well. 
But no doubt, out of the oven, these things must be absolutely divine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment