Monday, March 26, 2012

Across the Bridge noodles - Guo-Qiao Mi-Xian

Kunming is the city where everyone stops to get to the next destination. It is in the Yunnan province, and one of the most famous dishes is 'across the bridge noodles'. 
Just outside my hostel, I found a pretty local place selling them, but no one spoke any english and all the menus were in Mandarin... but thankfully this Malaysian man came out of no where, speaking both english and Mandarin, and ordered for me, (about 1.50$ for the meal), and we ate lunch together!

Read about the story behind the noodles here

Add everything yourself into the big bowl of yummy broth! Bon Appetit!

The view from my hostel rooftop (The Hump Hostel).
The restaurant is on the strip to the middle left of the picture. 

I saw an amazing show in Kunming which I HIGHLY recommend:
The Princess of the Peacock Dance
I have never seen such creative use of a stage before this. 


Kunming
China

No comments:

Post a Comment