Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Don't scroll down if you love dogs, or pigs, or animals...

Yeah...
so this was much later on in my trip, but I had to share. 

This takes place in the Yangshuo market (southeastern China). 
My favourite part about a new city is finding the market, and spending hours there with my camera equipment... but this market had many things I had never seen before, and not sure if I should have scarred my memory with!

At first my friend and I were all pumped to try dog and be adventurous, but after the day trip to the market, I think I lost my appetite for quite some time. Seeing all these innocent creatures locked up, in a dirty smelly cage, right behind the selection of their caramelized hanging split open friends. 
I was told dog meat keeps you warm, so best to eat it in the winter time. 
I also saw a cat being blow torched, which i guess gives it that nice brown sales appeal colour.

Now I know why people say Chinese really eat everything, and you never know what your gona get!


 Dog restaurant attempt. FAILED

 She is totally blow torching a cat in the background.

Why is this easier to look at?

Pigs feet

liver,  testicles, stomach, and intestines of the pig

Bon Appetit!

Yangshuo
China

No comments:

Post a Comment